ReasonApollo nested -> strange behaviour

reasonreact

I just encountered a strange behaviour with my reasonreact + reasonapollo application.

<MainComponent>
  /* getSomeData Query returns 
     { foo: "test, bar: "test2", items: [1,2,3,4,5,6] }  */
  <FirstQueryComponent />
  <Content>
     /* getSampleData Query returns { items: [1,2,3,4] } */
     <SecondQueryComponent />
  </Content>
</MainComponent>

Both components render the same data items, they just use different queries to get some filtered data.

Lets say, <SecondQueryComponent /> is rendered on some condition.

Now the App renders and everything is fine, that means:

• <FirstQueryComponent /> renders with all 6 items

Now the <MainComponent /> updates its state ( user clicked a button for example), and the condition changes to true.
Since <FirstQueryComponent /> is a Child, it rerenders.
BUT it rerenders with the filtered data from <SecondQueryComponent /> so the data now looks like this:
{ foo: "test, bar: "test2", items: [1,2,3,4] } (items has now the same array as the data from SecondQueryComponent).

They both use different CreateQuery Modules. There is also no new graphql request, FirstQueryComponent just gets a new result and suddenly the nested items are the same as from SeconQueryComponent.

Are the key: value pairs somehow connected because of the same “key”?

I dont know how to explain it better :smiley: Its really strange and i have no clue how this happens. Maybe someone here encountered the same and knows where my error is. I clearly did something wrong, but i dont know what it is.

Update
The problem was with graphql types.
Since the items Arrays (for second and first component) are both of the (Graphql) Type ItemsList, they somehow update together when a new graphql response - with that type (event if nested) - comes in.

My workaround is now to use 2 different Types (which should not be needed cause they are the same…) ItemsFirstList and ItemsSecondLis for example. Now the lists do not interfere with eachother.

I think this is more like a general graphql “problem” (error on my side).
So sorry that it does not actually belong here.

Though its still interesting why this happens. If there are any GraphQL / Apollo experts out there, i would love to learn more about why this happens (what i did wrong).
(Feel free to send me a Message, it would be much appreciated :slight_smile:)