What is the different between {} and <> with respect to records?

There are two different syntaxes to declare types/interfaces

(* Syntax 1 *)
type person = {
  name: string;
  job: string;
}

(* Syntax 2 *)
type person = <
  name: string;
  job: string
>

Is it nominal vs structural typing? If yes, does OCaml/ReasonML support both?

These are both OCaml syntax, just to clarify. The first one is a record type (nominal typing) and the second is an object type (structural typing). They’re covered to great extent in the Real World OCaml book.

This is interesting. That yields a great of number possibilities. I haven’t really used a language that supports both the paradigms. Are structural types generally used in OCaml world or invented just an extension for Bucklescript ecosystem to play nicely with JavaScript and JSON?

Structure types generally used in OCaml and it’s characteristic fit nicely with Javascript.
Bucklescript doesn’t invent new language feature, it just fits existing features to JS.

I would suggest Learn Type-Driven Development by @yawaramin (no affiliation, just a happy reader)

Have you, by any chance, read Domain Modeling Made Functional? I wonder how it compares/combines with Learn Type-Driven Development.

(Not that it would kill me to read both, I guess.)

I haven’t read it personally but looking at its TOC I do see some intersection especially in using types to model the domain, to an extent. Where I expect there will be some differences is that LTDD covers some detailed parametric polymorphism and the specific techniques that are available thanks to the OCaml type system.